adapted from the Good Health Choices Magazine
Vegetable Fritters with Relish - serves 5
1-2 carrots grated
2 courgettes grated
1 can of corn kernels
1 spring onion, chopped
bunch of parsley or coriander, chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
4 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup wholemeal flour
1 tablespoon of wholegrain mustard, or garlic or ginger
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Add corn, carrot, courgette, spring onion and herbs to a bowl, season.
2. Mix beaten eggs, flour and mustard together to form a batter.
3. Mix batter through vegetables, until they are all covered.
4. spoon heaped tablespoons of the fritter mixture into a non-stick pan, and cook at medium to high heat for 2 minutes per side until brown.
5. Mash avocado, honey and cinnamon together into a bowl.
6. Serve fritters with relish on the top and a side salad