My 8 year old seems to be having a growth spurt
at the moment, he is certainly eating
me out of house and home!
Some quick and easy snack ideas are:
* Celery sticks, with nut butter and raisins
* Celery sticks filled with cottage cheese and sprinkled with
* Lots of wholegrain breads, and bread products - think
rolls, wraps, pitas etc. Filled with salad ingredients or
* Homemade wholegrain muffins, think Bran and blueberry,
cheese and corn, etc.
* Popcorn - buy a bag or pop your own!
*Fresh fruit -Bananas are great to fill them up!
* Fresh vege sticks with some hummus
* Canned fish
* Crackers and cheese and tomato slices
* Rice wafers with hummus and tomato or nut butters
* Vege Frittata
Obviously all of these can be adapted, depending on your
childs tastes, but think of filling, nutritious snacks to help them
get through the day!