225g white or wholemeal spelt flour - sifted
30g Oat bran
1 tsp ground allspice
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
180g grated carrot
225g runny honey
60g butter, melted and cooled
225g greek or natural yoghurt
1 large egg
For the topping:
45g white spelt flour
1 tablespoon golden caster sugar
3 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
2 tablespoons hemp seeds
1 tablespoon of ground flaxseeds
1. Start mixing all dry ingredients into a bowl, then add carrot. In a separate bowl mix the honey, butter, yoghurt and egg and beat well with an electric mixer until combined and then fold this mixture into the dry ingredients . Scrape into a prepared cake tin and level top with the back of a spoon.
2. To make the topping put the flour and sugar in a medium bowl, Rub in the cold butter until it resembles breadcrumbs, add the salt and seeds, mix and then sprinkle over the cake mix, pressing in a little.
3. Bake in a warmed oven for 35-40 minutes until the top is golden and you smell a nutty aroma.
4. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in tin for about 10 minutes before ti
Step 2Meanwhile, bring milk to the boil in a saucepan. Add polenta in a slow stream. Cook over a low heat, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until thick. Serve with chicken, sauce and vegetables.
Full ingredient list:
2 skinless chicken breast fillets
6 small mini pita breads or pizza
400g can flavoured tomatoes
420g can kidney beans, drained,
3/4 cup grated light tasty cheese
1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
Mexican chicken pizzas
Time to make: 25 mins
Total cost: $18.36 / $3.06 per serve
(at time of publication)
Preheat oven to 220°C. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a mediumheat. Spray
chicken breast fillets with oil. Cook each side for 3-4 minutes or until cooked
through. Cool. Shred or roughly chop chicken.
Place pizza bases on 2 lightly-greased baking trays. Top with diced tomatoes,
chicken, kidney beans and cheese. Bake for 15 minutes or until bases are
golden and crisp and cheese is melted. Top each pizza with a spoonful of sour cream to serve
If you fancy a little something special for breakfast, try this tasty banana pancake recipe - no flour needed! All you need is one ripe banana and two eggs. Then simply mix your banana and eggs together and cook in a pan with a little spray oil or coconut oil like you would with regular pancakes. Cheap, easy and yummy!
We are all planned, prepped and ready to go! So excited!
These were delicious - gobbled up by the adults and kids alike in our household. The recipe was one of Nadia Lim's in a recend Bite from the NZ Herald......
1 TBLS Oil
1/2 head cauliflower - chopped small (I blitzed in the processor)
4crushed cloves garlic
2 diced onions
2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup of wholemeal self raising flour
1 tsp salt
6 eggs - beaten
1/2 cup milk
1 cup grated cheese
1/2 cup chopped parsley
For the Yoghurt:
1 cup Natural unsweetened greek yoghurt
2 tsp lemon juice
1 large carrot, grated
1 cup chopped coriander
1. Heat oil and fry cauliflower, onion and garlic and all spices until onion is soft - 5-6 minutes
2. Whisk together flour, salt, eggs, milk, cheese and parsley
3. Spray some oil into a non stick pan and cook spoonfuls of the fritter mixture for 2 mins each side until browned
4. Mix all yoghurt ingredients together
5. Serve fritters with a good dollop of yoghurt and some spinach leaves
I am going to revisit this again this weekend - so easy!How to make 1-ingredient ice cream...
• Peel your bananas first. - use 2-3 small ones
• Cut them into small pieces.
• Freeze for just 1-2 hours on a plate.
• Blend, blend, blend in a blender - scraping down the bowl when they stick - persevere!
• Enjoy the magic moment when they turn into ice cream!
You can also add some peanut butter for added flavor! (I added about a tablespooon)
Pear and Almond Butter English Muffin
Top 1/2 toasted whole-grain English muffin with 2 teaspoons almond butter and slices of 1/4 pear. (Sprinkle with a pinch of ground cinnamon if they like this)
The carbs in English muffins may help them get to sleep more quickly, this may be because they help boost levels of the sleep-inducing hormone serotonin.....bonus!!
1. A handful of berrylicious blueberries.
2. A beautiful banana.
3. A yummy yoghurt ( whatever flavour you like best!)
4. A coconut smooze ( You can buy from the fruit and veg store)
5. Pour in milk to cover.
6. Whizz up for 30 secs.
7. Sprinkle a little bit of chia seeds on top.
8. Pour into a cup and enjoy =-)